When you use your voice professionally, your whole body is your instrument.
Because you live in your instrument of over 200 moving parts, you need more than just a well trained voice to succeed on stage.
Subtle tension patterns in the body, breath and mind can have a big impact on the voice, keeping it from the true radiance and color it possesses and keeping you from loving every minute in front of an audience.
When you stand on stage you need to connect with your work through a body that is balanced, aligned and strong; breath that is liberated to flow; and a mind that is focused and disciplined.
Are patterns of tension in your body, breath or mind holding your voice back?
This work is for you if:
- You have nagging pain in places like your neck and shoulders, low back, feet or knees.
- You are ready to get curious about your patterns and become the master of your own body
- You know you are using more effort to produce your voice than you should.
- You have wondered what the difference is between posture and alignment.
- You have been told that you have issues with breathing yet no one has helped you sort them out.
- You experience performance nerves in a way that keep you from loving being on stage.
- You’ve had children and are experiencing differences in your voice post-partum.
- You are ready to take your work to another level.
If you answered yes to even one of those, this work is for you. Each of the above issues are a signal that you have patterns, however subtle they may be, that are holding your voice back.
Discover your whole self:
- Explore your body using principles of yoga and restorative exercise (TM).
- Align your body optimally.
- Explore your breath in every day settings and translate that to singing and speaking.
- Release tensions the body holds due to weakness and build functional strength.
- Develop strategies for your voice to access your optimal sound in any circumstance.
What people are saying:
“The work you do is incredible. So unique and profound in many ways. Before I found you, I used to wonder if anyone actually existed who worked as holistically and as intuitively as you. Thank God you chose to follow the path you did! Thank you so much” ~ Dan Gough, Owner of Class Dynamix
“Sarah Whitten has been instrumental in helping me address deep-rooted physical imbalances that have been holding me and my voice back for years. I highly recommend her to anyone looking to live in a more functional version of their body. “ ~Bryn Jimenez, Soprano and Voice Teacher
“As a mother-of-three and a professional singer and voice teacher, I really need my body to work for me. Before working with Sarah, I was constantly frustrated by my physical limitations, which was becoming a severe emotional drain. As a result of working with Sarah privately, not only am I singing and teaching better, I am no longer plagued with anxiety about the things I can’t do, and can now celebrate the ease in which I can move and breathe. Sarah Whitten’s expertise and clear teaching strategies are a blessing I wish everyone could experience. “ ~Kayla Gautereaux, Soprano, Voice Teacher